Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First wave...

I have always liked heroes that were mortal, from heroes like Odysseus, Beowulf, and Boromir to Flash Gordon, Batman, and Captain America. To me they are just (extra?) ordinary guys who have all of our ordinary faults and yet still try their best to overcome the failings of being mortal. It’s how I run my games and colors a lot of what I like in movies books and TV.

Well, if this sounds like your kind of thing, then I need to point you to a new comic line launching from DC comics, It’s called First Wave and it centers on a noir like world where the heroes are ordinary guys trying to do the right thing in a world gone wrong: Doc Savage, Batman, the Spirit, Black Canary and more.
I have high hopes, and hope it becomes a long running popular line of books.

2 comments:

Narmer said...

Sweet! Thanks for pointing this out. One of the reasons Batman is my favorite superhero is because he is just a man. A very intelligent, well trained, driven man but just a man. Something people can aspire to.

Fenway5 said...

Agreed my friend, I like my heroes to be mere mortals. Sgt. Rock, Batman, Captain America, that's the good stuff!